camel-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <>
Subject (newbie) process() method eating Exchange packet
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:06:12 GMT
Hello, the following route makes SOAP client calls and places the SOAP

   public void configure() {
      .process(new SOAPMessagePreparer())
//    .process(new SOAPResponseReader())

Everything works fine.  But when I place a process method between the
latter two "to" methods (i.e., uncomment the line above), the process
method will read properly the SOAP response but it seems to "eat" it so
that only blank files end up subsequently getting written to the
testfile folder.

Here's my SOAPResponseReader:

public class SOAPResponseReader implements Processor {
   public void process(Exchange e) {
      System.out.println("This was returned - Body: " +

Any idea what's happening?  What do I need to do to SOAPResponseReader
so that the final to("file://testfile") in the route will store the SOAP
response in each file again?

View raw message