camel-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Asmuss <andreasasm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: List of files from FTP when in route?
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:42:47 GMT

Yeah I was thinking about going down that route (no pun intended). There is
still a lot of goodness in the components alone. Not as many examples of the
use as when using the dsls though.

The project we're starting now is basically a lot of from
File/FTPS/Hibernate/Queues back and forth but with not very route-suited
business rules. It would nice to let Camel handle the low level IO stuff
though.

How would you go about using the consumer for file/ftp-polling? Can I use
Camel to poll for a list of files and then loop over the list an use the
consumer to retrieve?

I tried something like this but obviously this just returns one file.

String input =
consumer.receive("file:c:\\test").getIn().getBody(String.class);