camel-users mailing list archives

From boday <ben.o...@initekconsulting.com>
Subject camel-cxfrs with custom http headers...
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:14:35 GMT

I have a route that defines a CXFRS endpoint.  I need to retrieve custom HTTP
header values from the inbound request...

    from(CXF_RS_ENDPOINT_URI)
          .process(new Processor() {
                    public void process(Exchange exchange) throws Exception
{
                            Message inMessage = exchange.getIn();
                            System.out.println("headers->" +
inMessage.getHeaders());

here is my unit test code to simulate a client request...

        HttpGet get = new
HttpGet("http://localhost:9000/rest/customerservice/customers/126");
        get.addHeader("myHeader", "1234");
        HttpClient httpclient = new DefaultHttpClient();
        HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(get);

The problem is that the custom header "myHeader" is unavailable from my
route.  Is there another way to get to it?

>From looking at the camel-cxf source code, I can see that the default header
strategy/binding logic only sets up predefined HTTP headers.  Is there a
reason why other headers aren't passed through as well?

Either way, what is the best approach to override this behavior?

thanks

-----
Ben O'Day