camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Examples in Camel package require BOTH Maven and Ant?
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:33:05 GMT
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM, benxs <> wrote:
> When I extracted the examples from the current Camel package then I see
> always two
> build config files: pom.xml (for Maven) and build.xml (for Ant).
> Do I have to run BOTH to get the examples working or is this a exclusive
> choice up to the
> user which one he wants to run?
> Assume I want to use Ant (only) can I delete pom.xml?

Yes some examples provide both ANT and Maven. Others only Maven.
You pick what you want to use.

If using ANT then you do not need the pom.xml file. And likewise if
maven you don't need the build.xml file.

However Maven is easier as it can auto download all the needed .jars.
With ANT you gotta download them yourself and setup env paths.
See the README.txt files.