camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: using a content router
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 05:40:45 GMT

You should start with reading this article to get familiar what Camel is

Then check this getting started example which uses Java to define route

You need to use a RouteBuilder as well to define your route in Java code.

AMQ comes with Camel out of the box, and there is a AMQ config file
which has Camel prepared.
You gotta find this file and then adjust it to use your Java route builder

See this page how to use the <routeBuilder ref="myBuilder"/>

You then need to build your Java route builder as a .jar file and drop
it into the AMQ/lib folder.
Restart AMQ and it should pickup your route.

The ActiveMQ in Action book also contains some information how to use
Camel with AMQ.
If you are serious with AMQ then this book is highly recommended.

And likewise for Camel we got some books as well

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Mark <> wrote:
> I am interested in creating a content router in which I have message
> sender "A" sending messages that get transformed and then routed to
> two receivers.  I am new to camel and want to know how I can write
> Routing rules and load them into ActiveMQ.  I read documentation on
> setting up the routes, but not how to load the routes into ActiveMQ.
> I don't want to use XML, I would rather write code to do this since
> all the objects are custom to my project.
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
> thanks

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Author of Camel in Action: