camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Dynamically change HTTP endpoint parameters
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:43:45 GMT

I do not know if the Apache HTTP Client can change proxy value at runtime?

You can with Camel stop the HTTP producer, adjust the http endpoint or
create a new http endpoint, and then create a new http producer using
that endpoint.

Or use recipient list EIP which can use dynamic endpoints.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Cappa Roberto
<> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to change at runtime some of HTTP endpoint options, for example proxyHost and
proxyPort. It seems possibile to use placeholders, but they can be only  used in a static
manner with a configuration file. In my use case I need to change these parameters at runtime,
for example in a Processor. Is there a way to obtain this behaviour?
> Thanks.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Author of Camel in Action: