camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems deleting or moving files from FTP source
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:22:53 GMT
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Morten Engel <me@alpha-solutions.dk> wrote:

> I better add, that it's not a user restriction problem, as I can add, change
> and delete files as much as I want, through other means, using the same
> credentials.

Hmm a bit strange. The Apache Commons Net FTPClient will either thrown
an exception or return false when using it to delete a file.
You can enable TRACE logging for org.apache.camel.component.file which
then logs more details.

I bet the FTPClient may return false and thus we dont know why it was
rejected being deleted.
Maybe you can look at the server side and see why it rejects deleting
it, or if it returns a error code or something.

What OS are you using for client and for the FTP server?