camel-users mailing list archives

From Евгений Лиукконен <>
Subject XMPP. Different resources for producer and consumer.
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 16:20:40 GMT

Using Jabber with Camel is very interesting feature, but I have a problem
with it.

Structure of application is simple: user can send commands to a bot and it
can reply to user. The first message from user is processed correctly, but
then bot become silent.

The source of problem is that after my route configuration Camel creates
different Jabber resources for consumer (e.g.,, I will
call it "Cons" resource) and producer (some sort of hash, e.g., I will call it "Prod" resource). These resources have
equal priority.

Bot receives message from "Cons" resource, but sends it from "Prod"
resource. After bot’s reply, Jabber Server decides that last active resource
is "Prod" and will send all messages from user to "Prod", not "Cons".
Because consumer working only with "Cons" resource, it will never receive
commands from user, so there will be no dialog.

Is it possible to make one of the thing:
1) To increase "Cons" resource priority
2) To prevent Camel from creating different connections to XMPP producer and

Thank you for your attention.