camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Does camel-xmpp support the request reply pattern?
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:41:46 GMT
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Sean Parsons <> wrote:
> I'm just experimenting with camel-xmpp, but it seems a bit like it doesn't
> support request reply like most of the other endpoints.  The use case that
> this is causing me some grief with writing a bot using the endpoint, so that
> the user sends a message to the bot and the response comes back in the same
> conversation.
> Has anyone else got any examples of doing something similar?

I dont think this is supported out of the box with the camel-xmpp component.
I think its based on InOnly, eg send a message to a chat room.

If you need to wait for a reply, then there must be some logic which
can correlate / filter messages and trigger when the right reply came.
I can see the idea of sending to a bot and it replies back, so you can
kinda send a CMD and have the bot reply response.

Should be possible to implement and then have for example a Predicate
to determine when the correlated message came back.
And maybe the XMPP API has some headers/properties you can set so the
bot can use to set a correlation id.

> Thanks,
> Sean.

Claus Ibsen