camel-users mailing list archives

From Bryce Ewing <bryc...@gmail.com>
Subject OSGi Camel issue: org.apache.camel.core.osgi is private in camel-spring
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:15:30 GMT

Hi,

In the upgrade from camel 2.2.0 to 2.4.0 there was a refactoring of OSGi
support.  One change was the deprecating of the camel-osgi component in
favor of camel-spring.  I am not using spring as such in my application
(obviously certain parts do use it but it isn't a spring based application).
What I was using for the camel context was OsgiDefaultCamelContext which is
within the camel-core-osgi module.

This module is embedded into the camel-spring component but the
org.apache.camel.core.osgi is set as a private package and therefore the
class is no longer available at run time.

To get around this I have also embedded this module into the bundle that I
am creating the camel context within.  This doesn't seem right to me, either
the OsgiDefaultCamelContext should no longer be used and I am just going
about things in the wrong way, or the package shouldn't be private.

Cheers
Bryce