camel-users mailing list archives

From Bryce Ewing <bryc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with RSS component accessing gzip content
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:55:08 GMT

Hi,

I have been having a look at the http4 component source and thinking about
how much of this would end up being duplicated into the RSS component to
properly handle all cases, etc. HttpProducer.extractResponseBody and
utilising GZIPHelper.uncompressGzip seems to cover my particular case.

This got me thinking about other ways of doing this.  At present the RSS
component can read from at least file and http based RSS documents.  This
fix would firstly be required by just the http based feeds.  I can see many
other ways that RSS could be consumed, there could be RSS documents in a
database, in ftp, via xmpp, etc.  The vast majority would most likely be
http but it doesn't need to be limited to this.

Firstly should the RSS component be reusing for example the http4 code?  And
secondly should the RSS component actually just be the second step in the
process, e.g. use the http4 component to do the polling, then the RSS
component processes the output from this?

The second option would allow for much more flexibility in terms of where
the feed is being read from, and much more code reuse.

What are the thoughts on this?

Cheers
Bryce