camel-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Callaghan <>
Subject Injecting Properties into the PropertiesComponent with Spring
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 06:33:35 GMT

The component is quite nice - however a good improvement would be allowing
properties to be injected through Spring.

Currently there are two ways to do this using Spring.

1) Declare a bean with an id of properties:
<bean id="properties"
    <property name="location"

This would be improved if we could simply say:
<bean id="properties"
    <property name="location" ref="myPropertiesBean"/>

This would allow properties to be declared in Spring using
<util:properties/>.  The same properties grouping could be injected into
Camel as is injected into other beans.

2) Inline within the camelContext defined in Spring:
<camelContext ...>
   <propertyPlaceholder id="properties"

Similarly it would be nice to say:
<camelContext ...>
   <propertyPlaceholder id="properties" ref="myPropertiesBean" />

Do others think this is worthwhile and needing a JIRA ticket?  I noticed
CAMEL-2791 is out there to access JVM system properties - it would be good
to not have to load as a system property to access them in Camel.