camel-users mailing list archives

From "Pitre, Russell" <RPI...@shawmut.com>
Subject SFTP hangs after a day or two
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:56:19 GMT
Hello-

I'm using Camel 2.2 SFTP component like so:

from(sftp://user@ftpserver:22/OUTBOUND?delay=60000&delete=true&localWork
Directory=\\\\3050-b\\Intranet\\adp\\employee\\tmp&password=secret)

                .routeId("sftp")

                .log("Moving file ${file:name} to localWorkDirectory.")

                .to("file: \\\\3050-b\\Intranet\\adp\\employee");

Once a day, files are posted to the ftp server which the above route
will transfer to a local server.  This runs fine but then hangs after a
day or two.  This is a tough problem since I cannot reproduce it in
development to try out various uri options.  After taking a look at the
uri options for the sftp component page on the wiki, I noticed the
"disconnect" option.  It says it will disconnect right after use.  This
seems it might work but I don't fully understand how connections to the
ftp server are maintained within the Camel.  I would imagine they are
fault tolerant.

Any thoughts on why this route may be hanging?  I've double-checked that
we are in fact using commons-net-2.0 as suggested in another users
mailing list post.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Russ