camel-users mailing list archives

From Taariq Levack <taar...@itaro.co.za>
Subject RE: Is there an EIP for this sort of sequencing problem?
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 11:58:06 GMT
Oh nevermind, batch resequencing in a single JVM with failover will do the trick.

-----Original Message-----
From: Taariq Levack [mailto:taariql@itaro.co.za]
Sent: 09 June 2010 01:46 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Is there an EIP for this sort of sequencing problem?

Hi

I'm just wondering if there's a cleaner way of dealing with a sequencing matter using Camel.

The client has the requirement that the messages it sends should be processed in order.
They also require that there should be no single point of failure, which is what I'd get with
hardware content based switch inserting a sequence number into the payload and then have all
the clustered Camel instances
pass the message down to a single JVM with a resequencing batcher.

The next thing I thought of is to have all the messages inserted into the database and have
DB consumers
fetch ordered batches.

Is there a combination of EIPs that I can consider?

Thanks,
Taariq