camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel netty & batch
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:07:41 GMT
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell the camel-netty component to not creating a
> camel exchange for every message received from a TCP/IP connection but
> to group them in a batch of by example 1000 messages ? This could be
> very helpful especially when we have to process from a TCP server
> thousands of messages / second.

No you cannot do this. You may be able to create a custom netty
protocol and "batch together" in that protocol.
I would assume this is the way to go. Then you can remember how many
"messages" you got or wait for a special end of byte marker or
whatever.

Maybe others have better ideas?

--
Claus Ibsen