camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regular expressions in route starting point "from"
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:15:07 GMT
On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 4:02 PM, massimo.paladin
<massimo.paladin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> writing from the airport?
> I just read your blog post, I'm one of the guys working on messaging at
> CERN, under James Casey.
>
> I had the impression that it was component dependent but I wasn't sure
> because I saw that interceptors have regular expressions.

Yeah interceptors have reg exp but its used to indicate which Camel
endpoints to intercept.

> I am looking at camel and esper in order to make some application flow
> monitoring on ActiveMQ, the only "*" and ">" are a little bit restrictive
> but it is not a big deal.

Yeah AMQ has wildcard support
http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html

> I guess that * and > are for simplicity because they are standard in
> ActiveMQ subscriptions.

So you are looking at how to retrieve stats from AMQ about its current queues?
For example advisory messages can return feedback
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

And it has been debated on the Camel user forum about advisory messages

And we got this link from the Camel link collection:
http://camel.apache.org/articles.html
http://erichauser.net/2009/08/27/groovy-and-camel-for-monitoring-activemq/