camel-users mailing list archives

From Max Ullinger <Max.Ullin...@ptv.de>
Subject AW: Routing new data from a DB query, updates from JMS
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 06:38:18 GMT
Hi

1) Camel has components for JPA, SQL etc. why can't you use them fort he database query?
2) JMS. Perfect with Camel

If your problem is accessing both data sources in the same route look at the "Aggregator"
EIP or the "Enrich" EIP, I think they can serve as a kind of "join" of several datasources
into one route.

Cheers,
Max

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gsegel [mailto:gsegelken@itsfac.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Juni 2010 18:15
An: users@camel.apache.org
Betreff: Routing new data from a DB query, updates from JMS

A quick rundown of our situation...Our system operates in a very dynamic
environment where accessing the data to route will have to be done in two
'phases':
1. Perform an initial query to a database(s) and route any new records
2. Listen for updates pushed to a JMS Queue and route

I have the book and have been reading as much as I can but I can't figure
out how the functionality of querying for new data should best be handled.
One thought is to have a component (outside of Camel) that queries for data
and pushes to a JMS Queue...at that point Camel could take it from there
(using the JMS Queue as a 'from' in a route).  My other thought is to
integrate this query logic in a Camel route but I get really lost when I
think of the best way to do it.

Maybe I could use a JPA component to get new data and at the same time have
a route that pulls from a JMS Queue?

It seems that Camel is exactly what we need for the routing/filtering
capabilities but I'm having serious problems in figuring out how to get the
data to the Camel infrastructure.  Any help/advice would be greatly
appreciated!