camel-users mailing list archives

From Max Ullinger <Max.Ullin...@ptv.de>
Subject Extension of the <description> tag
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:23:40 GMT
Hello everybody.

I was wondering if it might be possible to extend the <description> tag of the current
spring-XML language for further versions.

In my usecase we need to define several services (aka routes, see RouteContextRef et al.)
and want to supply them with additional meta-information like a version number.
To be able to parse that information it would be helpful if the description tag could contain
other generic key-value pairs, like

<description>
            <string name="version">1.2a</version>
            A generic description of one of the XML language elements
</description>

Currently the description tag only supports String content.
Of course we could do our own proprietary data format and parse that, but it would be nice
to leverage what is there already and extend on that

I checked the only documentation but found as good as no reference to the description element.
I have no idea where it us used or if it is used at all. I can't really judge how much effort
this extension would require.

Best regards,
Max