camel-users mailing list archives

From Gsegel <gsegel...@itsfac.com>
Subject Routing new data from a DB query, updates from JMS
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:14:46 GMT

A quick rundown of our situation...Our system operates in a very dynamic
environment where accessing the data to route will have to be done in two
'phases':
1. Perform an initial query to a database(s) and route any new records
2. Listen for updates pushed to a JMS Queue and route

I have the book and have been reading as much as I can but I can't figure
out how the functionality of querying for new data should best be handled.
One thought is to have a component (outside of Camel) that queries for data
and pushes to a JMS Queue...at that point Camel could take it from there
(using the JMS Queue as a 'from' in a route).  My other thought is to
integrate this query logic in a Camel route but I get really lost when I
think of the best way to do it.

Maybe I could use a JPA component to get new data and at the same time have
a route that pulls from a JMS Queue?

It seems that Camel is exactly what we need for the routing/filtering
capabilities but I'm having serious problems in figuring out how to get the
data to the Camel infrastructure.  Any help/advice would be greatly
appreciated!