camel-users mailing list archives

From Onaluf <>
Subject FTP endpoint markerFile
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 07:03:44 GMT

Hi, I'm using camel 2.3 and I couldn't find a way to enable the "markerFile"
lock strategy for a FTP endpoint. In the docs it's written that "changed"
and "fileLock" are not available but nothing about "markerFile".

In the source code I found (in GenericFileProcessStrategyFactory, from line

      if (ObjectHelper.isNotEmpty(readLock)) {
            if ("none".equals(readLock) || "false".equals(readLock)) {
                return null;
            } else if ("rename".equals(readLock)) {
readLockStrategy = new GenericFileRenameExclusiveReadLockStrategy<T>();
                Long timeout = (Long) params.get("readLockTimeout");
                if (timeout != null) {
                return readLockStrategy;

Which seams to imply that only "rename" is supported? (From what I
understand "markerFile" only works when it's the default of the endpoint and
cannot be set if it isn't.) Is this correct ? Is there a reason for this or
can I patch this to use the strategy anyway?