camel-users mailing list archives

From Francois Lefoll <>
Subject Re: Where exactly put Spring XML commands in ActiveMQ.xml config file?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:47:54 GMT

Within activemq.xml, you will see : <import resource="camel.xml"/>
Indeed, normally (ie: the way I assume it), putting your routes in the
conf/camel.xml should work,
but from my experience this configuration is overwritten/overloaded by

And it's even worst than a kind of class merging, for example, having some
endpoints/queues declared in conf/camel.xml, it's not enough to create them
automatically on activemq stack, but it is correctly enough if such
declaration is done in webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

For me, webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml is the only file you
have to modify to reach your expectations.
For further questions, I suggest you address them on activemq forum, since
it's more related to their integration than to camel itself ;-)