camel-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Gargan <>
Subject Re: How to do Source code attachments for camel osgi bundles in eclipse
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 16:19:04 GMT
if you run the eclipse plugin with the following flag it will download
the sources and attach them in the classpath.

mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true

if you're in linux or use cygwin, add quick alias to 'me' and you
never need worry about it again.

alias me='mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true'

If you're so inclined you can download the javadoc too, but usually
having the source is enough!

Here are a few more mvn aliases that I regularly use, you might get
some use out of them too.

mci='mvn clean install'
mcist='mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true'
mdt='mvn dependency:tree'
me='mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true'
mep='mvn help:effective-pom'
mes='mvn help:effective-settings'
mag='mvn archetype:generate

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:17 AM, Christian Schneider
<> wrote:
> Hi all,
> while trying to get camel running in osgi I would like to be able to debug
> through the source code in eclipse. When I am not using osgi I usually leave
> the task of attaching the source to maven which does a great job here.
> For osgi I have set up a target platform where I copied the camel jars and
> also the source jars from the maven repo. The problem is though that the
> source is not resolved and there is no setting to tell eclipse how to do it.
> The source for the eclipse bundles is resolved so I guess it has to do with
> the fact how the source is bundled.
> Is there any way to use the sources from maven in eclipse plugin
> dependencies? If not then I think it would be great to setup the camel build
> in such a way that the source is bundled in a way that works in eclipse
> plugin dependencies. Is this possible?
> Gereetings
> Christian
> --