camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: errorHandler + .handled(false)); in Spring DSL.
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 08:57:21 GMT
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM, ankelee <andreasasmuss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Claus
>
> That's a good point.
>
> I want it to not be handled so the "move" option on the file endpoint in the
> beginning of my route only moves the file if the route was succesful. And I
> want to combine that with the errorhandling that the errorhandler can do
> since I want to do some custom processing before sending the message to a
> deadletterchannel. I would like to use moveFailed but that can't do what I
> want.

For custom processing you just do that on the EH configuration

errorHandler(DLC stuff here).to("bean:xxx");

Then Camel invokes the bean:xxx BEFORE the message is moved into the DLC.
In fact its just another Camel route so you can continue routing here
and do more steps.
And after this route completes the message will be moved to the DLC.

> Maybe I should do something else?
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Handled is @deprecated on <errorHandler/>. We want to keep it easier
>> and remove stuff which would confuse people.
>> Why would you want to not let an error handler NOT to handle an error.
>>

>> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM, ankelee <andreasasmuss@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I do however see that your example in the JIRA ticket uses the handled
>>> property - when I try to do the same I just get:
>>>
>>> Caused by:
>>> org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException:
>>> Line