camel-users mailing list archives

From ankelee <>
Subject Use a route to delete a file?
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 13:57:46 GMT

I have a route where I fetch a batch of files (copies) from an FTP, send
this batch to another route and shutdown the FTP route.

Then I process the files, and based on that processing I want to delete
these files (one by one) from the FTP.

Any ideas how I could do this?

I was thinking using the filename header as a parameter to a from-uri and
then sending that message to nowhere resulting in it being deleted. This
can't be done using the DSL's but I was thinking it might be possible using
something like a FTP-consumer class that takes the uri as a string and then
concat the header on to that string so that only the file with the filename
from the hader gets consume.

This is somewhat of a workaround but I would like to stick to using Camel
stuff and not do the FTP deletion with Processor and some ftp-lib.