camel-users mailing list archives

From ankelee <andreasasm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: errorHandler + .handled(false)); in Spring DSL.
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 09:20:35 GMT

Maybe I should reconsider the design.

The problem stems from the fact that I want a copy of the original message
to go to two different places on success or failure.

I'm thinking I could use onCompletion+onCompleteOnly to place a copy of the
succesfully processed file in a backup directory. This is fine but I still
haven't figured out how to get the original message out of the UnitOfWork.
If it's a file do i just get the file-handle and need to move the file
manually or?

ankelee wrote:

> Ok
>
> The reason I wanted to use the errorhandler was to have a general
> behaviour and then a number of specified onExceptions.
>
> I guess I would have to substitute the errorhandler for an onException
> that catches Exception.class. Just seems a little ugly.
>

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM, ankelee <andreasasmuss@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes but then what about the messages that do not fail. I want them to be
>>> moved also. If I handle the exception on the errorhandler the
>>> file-endpoint
>>> does not register exception and the move-option is performed as if the
>>> route
>>> was succesful.
>>>

>> Use onException which by default is handled=false.

DSL?