camel-users mailing list archives

From Eric Bouer <ericbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Should I use camel+netty for TCP streaming proxy?
Date Thu, 13 May 2010 10:09:06 GMT

Hello.
I would like to estimate the effort and possibility to use camel-netty to
proxy TCP streams from one listening port to another. My route should look
like this:
from("netty:tcp://0.0.0.0:3333?decoders=#decoders&sync=true")
.to("netty:tcp://foo:4444?encoders=#myencoders&sync=true")

The kind of data I want to pass is audio/video streaming.I would like to use
camel because later on I would like to attach headers to data later on.
I will probably have to write some decoder that read the stream into a fixed
size buffer (periodically).
But will I be able to have bidirectional communication between both
endpoints? what about the exchange pattern?
And generally is it a good idea to use camel for that ?
Thanks.