camel-users mailing list archives

From Ralf Petersilka <ralf.petersi...@its-telco.de>
Subject Transforming large XML files
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 12:31:12 GMT

Hi,

we receive large XML messages (several tens of MB. Sometimes up to 500MB). I
would like to convert these messages using the xslt transformer.
Unfortunately it seems that the result will always be a string which results
in a OutOfMemory error.

My route looks something like this

from(file:/c:/in/largefiles?filename=large.xml").to("xslt:my_large_converter.xslt").bean(MyBusinessService.class)

Within the MyBusinessService the XML file is deserialised and the content is
processed.

Is there a workaround for this? I thought about providing a file option. But
this would require to create a temporary file whenever the route is
executed.

Thanks Ralf