camel-users mailing list archives

From Eric Bouer <ericbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Recipient List with optional destinations.
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 07:58:00 GMT

Hello.
I have a situation where I need to use dynamic router that should route the
messages to endpoints that may or may be not exist. The problem is that
camel will throw a NoSuchEndpointException since it's trying to resolve that
destination name. I would like it just to skip that endpoint and move on to
the next endpoint. I'll demonstrate My case.

My route looks like this:
from("direct:in").recipientList(header("mailboxes"), ":");
A NoSuchEndpointException is raised when I get a header that contains a
mailbox name that does not exists.
Looking at http://camel.apache.org/recipient-list.html it seems that it's
possible to define a method call but is there a more elegant way I can tell
camel to skip that destination if it does not exits?