camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Retry Processing
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 17:17:01 GMT
Hi

A JMS Broker often also have a redelivery mechanism which you can leverage.
For example Apache ActiveMQ have a dead letter queue etc.

Camel error handler is also capable of redelivery and dead letter
channel and whatnot.
You can use it to detect that the redelivery have exhausted and then
send an email about this failure.
You can also stop routes using the Camel API.

But restarting it automatic after 30 min is most likely more easier
using RoutePolicy where you can have custom code control the route at
will.

The camel webpage have a search box where you can enter some key words
to see if you can find any good links.

Also the Camel in Action books cover extensively Error Handling in
chapter 5. And in chapter 13 you can read about managing routes at
runtime, eg dynamic starting and stopping routes etc.