camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unmarshalling CSV files and send many messages
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 10:36:40 GMT
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 12:06 PM, justme2 <nysalsa@hotmail.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm evaluating Camel in order to find out if it could be integrated in a
> system.
> What I'm trying to do is to set a file endpoint that reads csv files.
> Those csv files contain about 100 lines each that should be sent as 100
> messages to different endpoints (jms queues) regarding the content of every
> line.
> At first glance seems that Camel file component manages files as a whole
> object allowing to check for specific content (i.e. for routing) but not
> considering single lines as in my use-case.
> Any suggestion ?
> Thanks

You use the EIP patterns for such kind of work. They provide great
building blocks for your routing and integration needs.
http://camel.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

See the splitter EIP which can split the file into a line by line basis
http://camel.apache.org/splitter.html

The Camel in Action book contains such a CSV file -> split -> X lines
example in chapter 13.
http://www.manning.com/ibsen/

The source code is here, so you can find the example in
chapter13/startup directory.
http://code.google.com/p/camelinaction/