camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject [Discuss] - Camel Properties Component - Change tokens to avoid clash with Spring 3.0
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:07:36 GMT
Hi

See ticket

The problem is that Spring 3.0 includes a EL by default which is
automatic in use in the Spring XML files.
It uses the same tokens as we do with Camel Properties component and
therefore Spring EL fails with an exception.

The easiest and also least problematic resolution is to use a
different tokens in Camel to avoid the clash.
It will also be least surprise by Camel end users if they mix and
match between Spring EL and Camel Properties.

So what tokens do you want to use? Currently we did use
- prefix = #{
- suffix = }

For example:
                from("#{cool.start}")

.to("log:#{cool.start}?showBodyType=false&showExchangeId=#{cool.showid}")
                    .to("mock:#{cool.result}");

A)
===
I am thinking of changing to:
- prefix = #[
- suffix = ]

For example:
                from("#[cool.start]")

.to("log:#[cool.start]?showBodyType=false&showExchangeId=#[cool.showid]")
                    .to("mock:#[cool.result]");

B)
===
Or maybe?
- prefix = #p{
- suffix = }

For example:
                from("#p{cool.start}")

.to("log:#p{cool.start}?showBodyType=false&showExchangeId=#p{cool.showid}")
                    .to("mock:#p{cool.result}");

C)
====
We cannot do this one
- prefix = ${
- suffix = }

As it will clash with Camel Simple language (would take more work to
let them co-exist in peace :)
However we could most likely use a longer preifx such as

- prefix = ${p:
- suffix = }

For example:
                from("${p:cool.start}")

.to("log:${p:cool.start}?showBodyType=false&showExchangeId=$p{p:cool.showid}")
                    .to("mock:${p:cool.result}");

Do you have any thoughts and preference what tokens to use?

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/