camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel : suggestion for Debuging errors
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 11:26:28 GMT
On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Mick Knutson <mknutson@baselogic.com> wrote:
> Claus, what do you mean by "we". Do you mean that the Camel project needs to
> make a change. or this can be a replacement for log4j in any app context?

Yeah the Camel code needs to change from Apache Commons Logging API to
pure slf4j which has the MDC and a Java 5 logging API as well.
Which means all the LOG.isDebugEnabled() { ... } can be avoided.

But its a bit of work to do as there are a lot of source code. But
slf4j has some tooling which should be able to do some grunt work.

However as this is a bigger change we may want to do this with Camel 3.0 etc.

But i still love log4j as its simple to use and log4j.properties is
easy to understand and configure.
slf4j should have appenders for log4j so you can keep using
log4j.properties and whatnot.

There should be a ticket in JIRA about this.