camel-users mailing list archives

From Ilya S <devmailboxl...@gmail.com>
Subject Graceful shutdown of Camel-Jetty component. (Camel 2.2.0)
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:41:19 GMT
Hi All,

Fist of all, thank you for this great product!
Every new release brings excellent new features just in time.

I'm currently investigating Graceful Shutdown feature, and I'm am
wondering if graceful shutdown is supported for Camel-Jetty component?
I was able to successfully shut down JMS component. However,
JettyHttpCoponent seems to have issues when shutting down.

In my simple test (adopted from camel-example-spring-jms:ServerRoute
example) I have a simple route that looks like this:

from("jetty:http://0.0.0.0:8686/hello")
..
.. do work
.to("jms:queue:numbers2?requestTimeout=50000")
.to("multiplier");

My producers simply send numbers to http endpoint..

When I shutdown this context gracefully I'm getting all sort of
exceptions from Jetty, and the context does not seem to wait until
inflight exchanges have finished.
I'm using the defaults everywhere (e.g. default shutdown strategy).

Is shutdown supported for Jetty, and if so how should one configure
jetty to initiate proper shutdown?

Thank you,

Ilya.