camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel, Spring and Initialization
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 07:50:50 GMT
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM, greenstar <jnorris10@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Camel with Spring like follows:
>
> <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>    <routeBuilder ref="routeBuilder1"/>
> </camelContext>
>
> I'm looking for a way to run some code before the route builders are run.
> This seems like it should be straightforward.  I've tried the @PostConstruct
> (with CommonAnnotationBeanPostProcessor).  I've also tried
> ApplicationContextEvent.  These initialization hooks all work, but they are
> all executed *after* the RouteBuilder.configure() methods are called.
>
> How does the <camelContext> tag integrate into Spring and how can I specify
> the initialization order of my own beans relative to it?

I am looking into this but I think you can maybe use depends-on the
route builder bean as shown here:

    <bean id="myRouteBuilder" depends-on="myDependsOnBean"
class="org.apache.camel.spring.config.MyDependsOnRouteBuilder"/>

    <!-- this bean must be initialized first -->
    <bean id="myDependsOnBean"
class="org.apache.camel.spring.config.MyDependsOnBean">
        <property name="endpointName" value="mock:result"/>
    </bean>

    <camelContext id="myCamel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
        <routeBuilder ref="myRouteBuilder"/>
    </camelContext>