camel-users mailing list archives

From greenstar <jnorri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jetty:http component "mangles" x-www-form-urlencoded POST in message:
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 00:48:05 GMT

willem.jiang wrote:

> Thanks for your patch. I will review you path today and will keep you
> posted.

Thanks.

I wonder if we can go further and provide more robust features/options for
when the http endpoints are used for "proxying".  For example, it would be
nice if the form params (either from the POST body or the query string)
where moved to the headers in such a way as to able to filter them out
before they are proxied out to the http destination (eg: say prefixed with
X-Camel-FormParam-*).  In theory, a query param could cause problems when
it's presented to the destination as a header as well (which wasn't the
destination services intention).  For example, what if there is a query
param called "Expires"?  Currently, this will end up in the HTTP request
headers and almost certainly cause problems.