camel-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Roger <olivier.ro...@bsb.com>
Subject [CXF] Inbound endpoint with PAYLOAD dataformat
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:17:46 GMT

Hello Camel,

I am experimenting a strange issue when using CXF inbound endpoint with
PAYLOAD dataformat option (no problem in MESSAGE mode).

First I declare a CXF endpoint:

	<cxf:cxfEndpoint id="F1" address="http://localhost:10101/F1"
serviceClass="CXFUseCase"> <!-- Interface with one method -->
		<cxf:dataBinding>
			<bean class="org.apache.cxf.xmlbeans.XmlBeansDataBinding" />
		</cxf:dataBinding>
		<cxf:properties>
			<entry key="dataFormat" value="PAYLOAD"/>
		</cxf:properties>
	</cxf:cxfEndpoint>

Then, in my route I use it:

		<route>
			<from uri="cxf:bean:F1" />
			<bean ref="inspect" />

When I debug in the inspect bean the Exchange object does not contain any
value.
However, setting a response value works correctly.

    public void process(final Exchange exchange){
    	String msg = exchange.getIn().getBody(String.class);
    	System.out.println(msg); // is null
    	exchange.getOut().setBody(createResponse(), PersonDocument.class); //
is ok
    }

I read the documentation on the website but found it quite not clear. Am I
doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier