camel-users mailing list archives

From PatrickVB <>
Subject Retry Processing
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:21:20 GMT

Hi all,

I want to implement the following functionality....

The system received an xml message on a queue. The message contains
references to files for your information.
This message is then forwarded to a processor which is responsible for
performing extraction (unzipping, unrarring,...) of the references files.
After the processor has finished a new xml message must be put on a queue
again, containing the result of the extraction process.

Now the problem I can see here, is that this extraction processing can run
out of disk space. In that case an email message should be send to an
administrator and the extraction should be retried at some later time (lets
say 30 minutes later)

I was hoping that I could implement this kind of retry logic using camel. I
sat that there is the dead-letter-channel stuff, where you can specify
number of redeliveries etc... I do however not know if this dead-letter
stuff is applicable to processors as well or only to endpoints.

Any information on how I could implement this (references, pieces of code
etc...) would be very much appreciated, since I'm a complete newbie to

Many thanks