camel-users mailing list archives

From Gareth Collins <gareth_coll...@hotmail.com>
Subject New Suggested Feature For Mina/Netty
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:21:26 GMT

Hello,

In looking at the source for Netty/Mina, I see that it is assumed that if a
consumer is desired a listener port is created, whilst if a producer is
desired a client is created.

Would it be possible in a subsequent release to relax this restriction (i.e.
allowing a consumer to be a client, a producer to be a server)?

I ask this as I have a requirement to connect to a third-party server
periodically to retrieve any outstanding messages. If the server has any
outstanding messages it sends them immediately (without me sending any
data). When all messages have been sent, the server closes the connection.
For now, I will create a custom component for this. However, it would be
nice if I could implement this using the generic mina/netty components.

thanks in advance,
Gareth Collins