camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: JPA consumer starts up, but is not polling
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:38:50 GMT

I dont know what version of Camel you are using, but we have recently
fixed the scheduled polling consumer to catch java.lang.Error and have
that logged as well

That should help catch those NoClassDefFoundError and other errors being thrown.
So could you try with Camel 2.2.0 ?

You should see this in the log now:

            } catch (Error e) {
                // log the fatal error as the JDK itself may not log it for us
                log.fatal("Consumer " + this +  " could not poll
endpoint: " + getEndpoint().getEndpointUri() + " caused by: " +
e.getMessage(), e);
                throw e;