camel-users mailing list archives

From Vinicius Carvalho <>
Subject Question on camel-hdfs
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 16:57:48 GMT
Hello there! I'm trying the Camel Hadoop integration (using
camel-2.3-Snapshot), and using this producer:

	protected TweeterProducer producer;

The problem is that I get a NPE:

Exception in thread "Twitter Stream Handling Thread[receiving stream]"
org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.camel.component.hdfs.HdfsProducer.process(
	at org.apache.camel.component.bean.CamelInvocationHandler.invoke(
	at $Proxy32.broadcast(Unknown Source)
	at com.acme.tweet.TwitterBroadcaster.onStatus(
	at twitter4j.TwitterStream$

Checking the HdfsProducer code, I can verify that it seems that when
process is called, the variable

HdfsOutputStream ostream is not set. I do not know the internals of
camel, but it seems that this component does not get the doStart()
called prior to the process method. And it seems thats how it should

Any ideas?

View raw message