camel-users mailing list archives

From John Landahl <>
Subject Re: Polling Consumer question
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:49:50 GMT
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Norman Maurer
<> wrote:
> just read my last comments ..
> I think the selector is the way to go.

I did, but I didn't see how selectors were any different from a Camel
filter (the unintended cigarette puns must fly fast and furious in
here!). Reading more closely now, I see that selectors work at the
broker level, so it sounds like it should work like the cron feature
coming in ActiveMQ 5.4 (i.e. the message won't become visible to
consumers until the selector returns true). That sounds good, if it's
possible to get the current time in a selector. Will try this later
today. Thanks again, Norman.

- John

View raw message