camel-users mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Camel & Durable Topic Subscription
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 13:28:52 GMT
Hi,

In the camel jms documentation, it is mentioned that when we would
like to use Durable Topic Subscription, the limitation that we have is
that we can only consume message through one JMS connection (so one
thread) :

"If you wish to use durable topic subscriptions, you need to specify
both clientId and durableSubscriptionName. Note that the value of the
clientId must be unique and can only be used by a single JMS
connection instance in your entire network. You may prefer to use
Virtual Topics instead to avoid this limitation. More background on
durable messaging here."

That means that we cannot create a camel route where we use competitor
consumers (by increasing the number of threads by example) to
loadbalance the messages.

Is my assertion correct or my understanding of "a single JMS
connection instance in your entire network" is not correct ?

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer