camel-users mailing list archives

From mitko.ko...@icw.de
Subject Re: Component to send message to a external program as stdin
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:35:19 GMT
Hi,
I am currently working on the issue

I am thinking of something like:

exec:myPorgram?args=arg1 arg2&input="line 1" line2

(space-separated "lines" in the URI, that can be optionally escaped with
")
Is it ok in your use case?

Mitko

From:
Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com>
To:
users@camel.apache.org
Date:
18.03.2010 10:50
Re: Component to send message to a external program as stdin

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Nicolas Bouillon <nicolas@bouil.org>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm searching the following feature :
>
> <route>
>  <from uri="direct:in" />
>  <to uri="exec:/usr/bin/wc?params=-l" />
> </route>
>
> The purpose is to send the message as the standard input of the program
> "/usr/bin/wc -l" and to get the standard output of the program as the
> response message.
>
> Does that exists ? If not I believe it is quite easy to implement
myself,
> but I don't want to reinvent the wheel ;-)

Hi

There is an exec component in the works

Maybe you can try the current code and see if it meets your
requirement, or post a comment on the JIRA what you need.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

InterComponentWare AG:
Vorstand: Peter Kirschbauer (Vors.), Jörg Stadler / Aufsichtsratsvors.: Prof. Dr. Christof
Hettich
Firmensitz: 69190 Walldorf, Industriestraße 41 / AG Mannheim HRB 351761 / USt.-IdNr.: DE 198388516