camel-users mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer <nor...@apache.org>
Subject Activemq component und Delayer
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:45:42 GMT
Hi all,

 I'm currently lookin to migrate the remote delivery of mails in JAMES
to use camel and activemq. I thought about using the Delayer for delay
the execution of the retry to deliver a message when needed.

But after lookin into the DelayProcessorSupport code I see it use
Thread.sleep(...) for delay the execution of the next processor. So
what would happen if I use it with activemq as consumer ?

Will it eat all "consumers" from the configured maxConcurrentConsumers
and then just wait till one cosumer finishes before dispatch the next?
When I understand it right then this will be the case...
And will there be any problems with the long running transactions when
I need for example need to delay for 4 hours ?

Thank you for the help,
Norman