camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Question on camel-hdfs
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:40:47 GMT

Camel Hadoop is hosted outside Apache and thus not officially
supported by Apache etc.
I think you gotta dig into it yourself to see the issue.

Normally doStart should be invoked on a Producer/Consumer if it
extends the DefaultProducer/DefaultConsumer etc.

And I am sure patches etc is welcome on the Camel Hadop project.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Vinicius Carvalho
<> wrote:
> Hello there! I'm trying the Camel Hadoop integration (using
> camel-2.3-Snapshot), and using this producer:
> @Produce(uri="hdfs://localhost/temp/tweets?splitStrategy=BYTES:200000")
>        protected TweeterProducer producer;
> The problem is that I get a NPE:
> Exception in thread "Twitter Stream Handling Thread[receiving stream]"
> org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at org.apache.camel.component.hdfs.HdfsProducer.process(
>        at org.apache.camel.component.bean.CamelInvocationHandler.invoke(
>        at $Proxy32.broadcast(Unknown Source)
>        at com.acme.tweet.TwitterBroadcaster.onStatus(
>        at
>        at twitter4j.TwitterStream$
> Checking the HdfsProducer code, I can verify that it seems that when
> process is called, the variable
> HdfsOutputStream ostream is not set. I do not know the internals of
> camel, but it seems that this component does not get the doStart()
> called prior to the process method. And it seems thats how it should
> happen.
> Any ideas?
> Regards

Claus Ibsen