camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: The timing of the timer component
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 06:04:58 GMT
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 6:51 AM, huntc <> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
> I understand that route order can be configured explicitly. However should a
> route start up and start firing during configuration of the routes?
> Intuitively, I wouldn't have thought so.

Its all explained in chapter 13 in details.

All routes are warmed up. And then started at the very last minute.
And this happens in the order defined.

And therefore the timer could be started before the next route, but
still enough time for it to trigger and fire.
Depending on your system and how the JVM execute tasks etc.

So you can increase the initial delay of the timer to let it fire
later the first time.