camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Windows build completely working now
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:03:03 GMT
Am 14.03.2010 10:42, schrieb Claus Ibsen:

> Great this is good news. You can really get on a wild goose chase if
> testing is done without forking the JVM.
>
> The bad news it takes much longer to test.
> Well it does not take around 150 min to do a full build on my Mac. It
> used to be 120-130 min.

Yes I also noticed the build takes longer now (about 240 minutes on my
notebook). Perhaps the fork per test can be switched to a more moderate
setting
where we know the tests will work anyway.  There is another thing I also
noticed. The fork per test hides some unclean shutdown sequences where
not all
things are cleaned up. But I guess these could also be tested explicitly
which is cleaner anyway. An example are the JMX tests which failed
without the fork.
I did not look into it in detail but I guess the JMX beans are not
completely cleaned up on shutdown. Still I think it is a good thing that
the build runs stable now.

Greetings

Christian

--