camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mueller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal for a new camel-bean-validation component based on jsr 303
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:20:37 GMT

Currently, I'm working on a project where we have to read fixed length
records and csv records. Because we don't trust other developers ;-), we
want to validate the input.
What do you think about a bean validation component which is based on jsr
303 (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=303) and which could be used like the
existing camel-validation component:

from(file://sampleIn.txt)
// transformation to a java object
.to("bean-validation://param1=value1")
.to("file://sampleOut.txt");

Pre defined validation rules are e. g.:
- @NotNull
- @AssertTrue
- @Size(min = 2, max = 14)
- @Min(2)
- @Max(2)
- @Valid
- @Pattern()
- ... and many more

JSR 303 also allows you to define custom validation rules. See here for more
details:
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/validator/reference/en/html_single/#validator-customconstraints-simple

For more information, please have a look in the reference implementation:
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/stable/validator/reference/en/html_single/

The Hibernate Validator (the reference implementation) is licensed under the
Apache License Version 2:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/hibernate/validator/tags/v4_0_2_GA/license.txt

What do you think? Could this be an useful component for Camel?

Regards,
Christian