camel-users mailing list archives

From kostabanderas <kostabande...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The dreaded: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:17:20 GMT

Thanks for the reply.

I did create the spring.schemas, spring.handlers files but I believe that
the assembly plugin overwrites them. When I change the names of the files
they appear regularly in the generated META-INF folder but when I name them
properly, they get overwriten...

I took a look at the file you've suggested. Basically, you're suggesting I
should drop the assembly plugin and use the shade plugin instead? I'll give
it a try and let you know how it turned out.

Thanks,
Kosta

willem.jiang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can take a look at this pom.xml[1]. If you go through the
> camel-spring-osgi module, you will find most of thing that you want to
> know.
>
> You need to create spring.schemas, spring.handlers file yourself, to
> includes the schemas and handlers those you wrap into a big jar.
>
> [1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-spring-osgi/pom.xml
>

> Willem
>

> kostabanderas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> For my first post here, first of all, big respect to all developers
>> working
>> on Camel projects.
>>
>> I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to deal with it in the way
>> described above. It is the same handler that is stated missing.
>>
>> I'm also using maven and assembly plugin. I checked the "fat jar" created
>> by
>> this plugin and it does have
>> (spring.schemas and spring.handlers) files in the META-INF dir (without
>> my
>> intervention) but they don't declare this specific schema/handler. I
>> tried
>> modifying the assembly descriptor but it didn't work out. I'm completely
>> new
>> to these concepts so there's a big chance that I'm doing something wrong
>> but
>> what confuses me are those existing (spring.schemas and spring.handlers)
>> files. I tried adding spring-integration jar to my classpath and those
>> schema/handler got inserted in the two files above but this one is still
>> causing me problems and I can't seem to start my app with the java -jar
>> command.
>> Furthermore, camel-spring-v2.2.xsd and camel-spring.xsd exist in the root
>> of
>> the "fat jar".
>>
>> I checked my classpath and the pom file contains everything I believe is
>> needed. More specific, it does contain camel-spring (2.2.0) jar which I
>> believe holds this handler.
>>
>> I'm using java 1.6.0_17. and Camel 2.2.0.
>>
>> Thanks and please let me know if there's anything more I can provide to
>> help
>> you help me solve this problem :)
>>

>> Ian de Beer wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> Thanks to all - it works with the two files (spring.schemas and
>>> spring.handlers) added to my META-INF
>>> Regards