camel-users mailing list archives

From Ashwin Karpe <aska...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Filter using XPath hosted on remote http server?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:40:11 GMT

Hi,

Is it not possible for you to use a bean filter and accomplish the same. In
your route if you receive a piece of payload from the HTTP server it will be
in the Exchange Body.

BTW, XPath filter will also work provided the payload is well formed XML
(HTML should also work). But if the payload is raw and not valid ML then you
will not be able to use XPath...

In this case, uou could use a bean as a filter to parse the payload as you
see fit and then make route decisions.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

sleepyjamie wrote:

> I've been using camel and spring extensively since 1.5 and would like to
> know if the <filter> supports retrieving XPath from a remove http server.
>
> For example, a traditional xpath in camel would be as follows:
>
> <filter>
>    <xpath>/do/filter</xpath>
>    <to uri="direct:passedFilter"/>
> </filter>
>
> I would like to retrieve the XPath from a web server (the webserver would
> return the Xpath as raw text):
>
> <filter>
>    <xpath src="http://www.mywebserver.com/xpath.txt"/>
>    <to uri="passedFilter"/>
> </filter>
>
> Even a location on the hard drive would be suitable
>
> <filter>
>    <xpath src="file://xpath.txt"/>
>    <to uri="direct:passedFilter"/>
> </filter>
>

> Currently In order to achieve the above I have to create a custom <bean/>
> that retrieves the filter from the remote server and performs the
> filtering. I see my customer filter <bean/> simply as another EIP which
> could be part of camel's framework.

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---